Sunday, June 20, 2010

I. Am. Not. Getting. Any. Younger.

I. Am. Not. Getting. Any. Younger.

I only spoke this six words twice, three times at most, and every time I say them, the hair at the back of neck stand on end. I am getting older everyday and it's not funny.

A couple of days ago, on our way to SM Makati to buy some things for Fat(slimming)Beki, we passed by an unfamiliar site, something that I have only seen in movies. It was surreal, and although it was so morbid, I knew it was a site worth seeing.

This guy was lying face down in front of the condominium building. He was wearing nice clothes. He looked tall, trim, clean. His shoes where buffed. And he was dead. There was a whole lot of people around the area, just looking around, busybodies who wanted to get a piece of the action. This is real life drama folks. Real life murder - as what I have read after 2 days.

It made me think. This guy was successful. He was at the peak of his life as a bachelor. He almost had everything. Until he lost his life.

Browsing through the gay Social Networking site I have been a member of for years, I saw a profile of someone who professed at being HIV+. In the profile was a link for his blog, which I read. I was amazed, how someone like him could be strong enough to write about something that causes him pain - every day. I admire this person's strength, I would never be that strong.

There was a story about a person who hit his head with a hammer endlessly. He went to the doctor and the doctor asked why he was doing it. "Because it feels so good when I stop doing it."

Life is a bowl of cherries. It has pits.
Life is gambling. You will never know when you would win.
Life is disappointing, but you'll never get what you want if you just stay in the shadows.

I am going to live my life - even if it means that I am actually older than 25. :)

No comments: