Saturday, August 8, 2009

Blah blah blah

It has been such a long time since the last time I got to write something. And guess what? Even while I am typing, I am actually having second thoughts in finishing this blog entry.

My life has been such a rollercoaster this past few weeks. There would be times when I would be so happy. Then there would be times when I am so down it would take more than just a joke to bring me back to life. But hey, we have to move forward, right?

Honestly, I have been thinking about life, in it's entirety. I am not getting any younger, and though I know that I have more up my sleeves, I am starting to give up. I am starting to think that this is where I'll end up in a few more years, alone and broke, living everyday until the next day - I more than pessimistic. I am a disaster.

Seeing other people around me happy always made me happy. But now, bitterness has surged into my veins like an awful poison, destroying the precious nerves that makes me feel. I am now numb from everything. Not even Kris Aquino's tears make me cry anymore - nor laugh.

What is happening to me? The mere question brings me to a boil, angry at the world that does not seem to care at all, whatever happens to me. I could drop dead in the middle of Ayala and everyone else would be walking past me, not knowing my name, not a care in the world.

Maybe, just maybe, there would be a time when this ramblings would end, but for now, when the rest of the world rests their weary feet, I continue walking. I think, if I would continue walking, life would just slip by, and maybe I would reach the end of my journey.

See, I can't even think of a better title for this entry. Hay buhay.

3 comments:

normanrey said...

I don't know what I can say to cheer you up... all I have are old cliches like (as you said) "Look forward," "There's always someone worse off than you are," "This, too, shall pass," blah-blah-blah, but sometimes old cliches are the only fitting things to say.

We go through the blues, all of us, but these are, as someone told me a couple of weeks ago, just "things." And this thing shall pass, whether you do something about it or not.

Another friend told me long ago, "I have my left foot in the past pissbucket, my right in the future pissbucket, and I'm pissing all over today's floor." Find something fabulous in each day -- it can be something as simple as a cloud that looks like fishballs on a stick, or how a candle flame flickers kapag may brown out.

What I'm saying is (another cliche, of course), "Live in the moment." Don't fret about yesterday, it's already past; don't worry about tomorrow, it hasn't happened yet.

Ingat ka lagi... 'wag kang madadapa sa gitna ng Ayala, magagalusan lang ang tuhod mo. ;)

Beaugarte said...

Hay Norman, thank you so much. It makes me smile just knowing that although we don't really know each other, you care. :)

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Parang ganito din mga kabulastugan ko sa latest blog post ko.... ehehe! mas madrama lang approach mo, becks!