Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thank You.

It is true what they say about emotional pain hurts more than the physical kind. It is the kind of pain that lingers - the kind that you'll never really get over with in a short period of time.

I have been single for 4 months. 4 months and 2 days. I broke up with my ex on June 14th, a day before his birthday. Then he died on July 30. The pain I felt when I realized that I may never see him again did not compare to what I felt when I was informed that he passed due to Meningitis. I was devastated. I was a mess.

It took me a while to get over the loneliness that I initially felt. I mean, I still feel lonely sometimes, in fact I still get into those bouts of depression sometimes. But I am glad to say that I finally am okay.

Yes, there will be times when Sunday mornings would always remind me of staying in bed, holding hands and just talking. That videoke bar I still frequent, where the love story started, would always be one of my favorite places. The train I first rode with him will remain as one of the wildest rides of my life. And these are all going to be a huge part of me.

I would also like to take this time to thank the people who made me feel better after what happened. This was the time that I knew who my real friends are. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

So now,  I am ready. I am ready to face whatever life would bring me.


No comments: