Sunday, July 22, 2007

Voyeur

I'd like to now what they are thinking.
I'd like to know who they are.
In the sentences they write,
the songs they sing.
He wrote about saying goodbye, about thinking
someone was his forever love.
He was wrong.
I was wrong.
I'd like to know who this man is,
The man who loved.
The man who got hurt.
The man who bled.

The man with the likeness of Adam,
the heart of Eve.
The Eve that stood in the corner
of love and hate.
I watched him as he slowly died.
I watched him and thanked God it wasn't me.
It was not me who died that night.
That night it rained.
Yes, everytime someone we knew was sad,
it rained.
It rained that night, that same night
the man with Eve's heart and me.
We lost something that night.
Our dignity.
Our hopes.
Shattered into a million little pieces.
I'd like to know what you are thinking.
I'd like to know who you are.
In the sentences you write,
the songs you sing.
To the man with Adam's likeness,
and the heart of Eve.
I envy you.
At least you have said your last goodbye.

No comments: