Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Acute Gastroentiritis and Coffee

And so I was sick for 2 days, and that period of time I was glad I did not have to go to work. In a way, it was a way for me to miss working. And I did, I missed working.

What I love about getting time off work is the chance to do stuff that I would not be able to do during work week. What I hate about time off due to sickness is I cannot do anything, I have no social life, and I am bed ridden.

I went to the doctor yesterday and she told me that I had Acute Gastroentiritis.

"So do you drink soda?" she asked.
"I do."
"Cut down." She advised. "How about tea?"
"Only when coffee is not available."
"I suggest you cut down on tea. And if possible do not drink coffee anymore."

I was stunned. Coffee is my life - specially since I am working in a call center and I would definitely fall asleep if I do not drink any coffee at all.

I drink coffee all the time. I can even drink 5 mugs of coffee in one sitting.

Everytime I meet someone up, I suggested meeting over cups of coffee.

I love Starbucks, got a love-hate-relationship with Seattle's Best, and thank God for 1 peso coffee from the Coffee Vendo Machine in the office.

I nodded my head and asked for medical certificate for my condition.

That was yesterday.

I still can't get over the fact that I can't drink coffee anymore. So I did. I've had 3 mugs so far.

Bad, noh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not really that bad, if you ask me... Three years ago my doctor told me the same things, also due to AGE (Acute GastroEntiritis)... But, hey, I consumed about 4 mugs of coffee a day back then, and guess what! I'm still alive... teehee!

Wag tayo masyado nagpapaniwala sa doctor, becks! Kaya keri lang yan, kape kung kape!

Anonymous said...

i thought tea is supposed to be good for you... lol and coffee, yeah i hear ya, can't live without coffee (maybe i can) but i love coffee, i mean who doesn't? haha...

i'm glad you're feeling much better!

have a great day!

ViN