Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Suffocation

The bar was packed. As much as I wanted to dance on the dance floor, the people near the entrance did not allow me to do so.

I wanted to just dance, to forget about my life even for just a couple of minutes - ease the pain from my heart and transfer that pain to some more physical, like my tired feet.

Van said she wanted to to dance, but we did got the chance to. Nick tried prying me off the chair I was sitting on, but as much as I wanted to dance with him, I did not want to push myself into the already full dance floor.

The smoke machine blew white smoke into the air, adding suffocation to the already dark and warm room. Why can't they build a bigger bar? I wonder.

I drank thirstily, beer spilling into my tight black shirt. I didn't care what I'd look like.

I just want to forget. I feel suffocated. I need air.

2 comments:

normanrey said...

kinda sad... but for some reason i like this post a lot...

Beaugarte said...

Sometimes the only way for me to write something worthwhile to to exploit my sadness.

Sad, really, but most of the time true. :(