Saturday, March 14, 2009

Back to the Old Drawing Board

News spread like wild fire.

If there is one thing I love, it would be that people are actually talking about me. And as an office mate once said - good or bad, rumors are good publicity.

What I hate about rumors, though, is that they are open to interpretation. Not like facts, which should be said as it is, rumors tend to change as it passes from one ear to another.


A couple of days ago, I had to write a very short, to the point, and rather hurried letter, a letter that I have been itching to give to my manager.
It was my resignation letter, in a short bond paper. To my horror, I was not even given the chance to actually type the letter down and print it. I had to go. My name was at stake.

I know not a lot of people read my blog, but I'd rather still keep mum about the real reason for the resignation. So let me just put it this way. I'd rather have a graceful exit than to actually have something against my well-preserved name.


Anyway, people started
talking about me. Text messages where sent to everyone, saying that I left the company in such a startling way. What better way to start a wild fire, but to strike when it's hot and leave without a trace...

So I left the company I have been working for for more than 2 years. I have been bored, but stressed, this past months, that I have been aching to leave the company for greener pastures.

Maybe I was already at the edge of the cliff, and all I needed was a push.
The person who pushed me, though, pushed too hard. Now I ain't at the spot where I intended to be. Here I am, 26 years old, gay, broke and single. I am not complaining. I actually love the fact that for this very moment, I am finally free of the shackles that I willingly wore when I started working for that company. I just felt it get tighter, and tighter. My hands need to be free.

Maybe it is the World Recession everyone is talking about. They lose a job, they blame the recession. They break a heel, they blame the recession. They put on some weight, they still blame the recession. It is just very convenient to say that everything bad happening around the world is caused by the f*cking recession. So maybe I should get into the bandwagon and blame it to the world's financial crisis.
But no, I'd rather put it this way - I lost my job because sometimes, though we are given the chance to be stupid sometimes, we abuse that privilege.

I have never, and will never regret anything I have done. Not now, not ever.
To the people that I have worked with for the longest time - thank you for making me a part of life.

Oh well, it's back to the old drawing board.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Becks, nasa-sad pa rin ako... i don't know the details; i've heard very little. Still, it's just really sad...

Beaugarte said...

Don't cry for me, Argentina. Hehehe.

I feel a bit like Eva Peron right now. :P