Monday, March 30, 2009

Manila Girl

I am leaving Baguio.

These are the four words that I have dreamed of speaking ever since I tasted independence.

Every night, after I got the job at a company based in Makati, I have though about that sentence.

Over and over again.

This is it. I am finally leaving Baguio City.


I have lived my entire life in the Summer Capital of the Philippines. Except for the four years I spent in Pangasinan during college, I breathed in pine-scented air every morning. I cuddled my beloved pillow and stayed under the sheets to brave the cold climate.
I have spent countless hours just staring out my bedroom window, gazing into the mountains covered in fog. I enjoyed my life in Baguio, but it has become boring - like Megan Mullaly's talk show.

It became stale a couple of years ago, but yet I decided to stay because I was not yet ready.


A friend once told me that I had great potential, and that going to Manila would make me a better individual.

It took me almost a decade to finally realize that I have to get out of my comfort zon
e and expand my horizon.

Manila, the capital of the Philippines, is a business, fashion, and social hub. I have been in Manila, of course, staying there for days, trying to blend in, trying to learn the culture. I know, when I leave for Manila, I will be missing everything here in Baguio.


I will miss my friends.

I will miss my bed.

I will miss the cold days and even colder nights.


But hey, a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do, right?


By the time I create the next blog entry, I hopefully would already be in Manila.
I can't wait to start another chapter in my life.

Manila, here I come!


3 comments:

gentle said...

goodluck, beaugarte! :)

Unknown said...

Aww! We'll miss you, becks! Pero antayin mo ko diyan... pag di ako nakatiis dito lalayas na rin ako!

normanrey said...

Mag-iingat ka, iha, ok? :)