Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Memories

Here's a blog entry I found, browsing through my old blog 2 years ago. This blog entry amde me realize that I haven't really changed much, I just started learning a lot more.
_______

It’s cold and I brought an old jacket that smells of mothballs. The keyboard on this computer isn’t functioning very well, I have to hit the backspace key so many times to erase mistakes. I have a lot to complain about, but I didn’t walk 5 blocks just to write about the "not-so-nice" things that happened to me today.

So let me rephrase my opening paragraph.

It’s cold, and I have always enjoyed the cool breeze and low temperatures. It reminds me of my dream to go the Manhattan one day and enjoy the cold that Sarah Jessica Parker is always complaining about. Let’s exchange places Sarah. I’ll bet you’ll miss New York.

It has been several days since the last time I wrote on my diary at home. YES, aside from religiously posting on this online blog, I also keep a private recording of what happens in my life, stuff that is not meant for the public eye. In the pages of that diary, I keep track of what I might easily forget when I grow old. I am afraid to lose memories, wonderful or regrettable events that made me who I am now.

I have kept a diary all my life. Some of them I have lost, I have kept a couple of them, and I read them when I have time. Its funny how I behaved and thought before. I realized that ever since, I have always struggled with my love life. And when I compare myself now to what I was before, I breathe a sigh of relief and thank God that I have learned a LOT.

Going back to the things of the past isnt that hard as other might think. Sometimes, they might even serve as a reminder of what and what not to change, a reminder of happy times to shed light to a gray day, and a reflection of the bad days that will make us strive to make our lives better.

Having said that, I have great confidence that I can face my life now with the reassurance that anything I do, and any consequences it may bring to my life, I will always rise like a phoenix, ready to tackle anything that blocks my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't funny how we think we don't change, and when you come across something that reminds you of old time, the things you did and have done... you see yourself as a different person... and that you've learned a lot, you know more now than before without realizing it :) i like this blog, thanks for posting...

*hugs

v said...

I agree. We actually learn new things everyday, without us even knowing it.