Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Same Old, Same Old...

Blah blah blah...

A lot of things being thought about, too little time to actually talk about it.

It's almost Christmas, and though I have already bought gifts, I am having a hard time finding time to wrap them all up. If I could just give the givfts in plastic bags, I would...

It has been a while since the last time that I wrote something. I am quite bored, to say the least, and I honestly do not have anything to write about. Or talk about.

A colleague recently approached me and asked me why I was so sad.

"I ain't sad," I said, irritated that people assume I am sad when I don't talk. "I just don't feel like talking."

Then they start asking if i was feeling well.

I don't really know what's happening with me right now. A couple of months ago, I would enjoy a night out with friends. I'll dance till the wee hours of the morning, or till my feet start aching, wanting to rest from being wrapped in 4 inch stilletos. Now I'd rather stay at home and drink bottles of beer with friends till I pass out. :)

Maybe it's that "getting older" thing my mom used to tell me.

"Tumatanda ka na," ("You're getting older,") she would say. "You should start acting your age."

I remember that TV commercial by Edu Manzano, the one that said it is ok to be 40, as long as that person looks 30 (or something younger). It is so unfair! I mean, I am just 26, but I look ages older that what I really am! Grrr..

Anyway, I can't wait for the weekend. I haven't really though of what to do on Saturday, but I have a distinct feeling I would just be staying at home.

Maybe I should start learning how to crochet or something. :P

2 comments:

normanrey said...

When I was living in Japan, I had this friend who kept on fretting about getting old and looking old (though to me he looked like a young boy). I used to tell him, "Stop thinking you're old. When you think young, you feel young. When you feel young, you act young. When you act young, you look young!" That always made him smile.

Beaugarte said...

And it made me smile too!

Thanks!