Monday, December 29, 2008

The Pseudo-New Year's Resolutions List

A couple of days ago, my friends and I talked about New Year's Resolutions.
Last year, I only had one New Year's Resolution, and that was to not bother about having one.
I never really believed in New Year's Resolutions, I mean, you can always change your mind right? So what's the big deal about it?




Anyway, I have decided to create a list list - things that I have to do before the end of the year 2009. Things to do for 12 months, at least one thing done every two months. Fairly reasonable, since some of the things listed can be done simultaneously, like hitting 2 birds with one stone.
After careful thought, here is the first half of the list of things I have to do before the end of 2009:






1. Buy a Digital Camera








Being the photo freak that I am, some friends have suggested that I take up a few short courses for Photography. A second hand camera would do, I am planning to save up for a good camera though, the one professionally used for photo shoots. Anyone with hand-me-downs? :)



2. Ride a Boat





In my 26 years of existence, the only boats I managed to ride were the rent-by-the-hour boats at the Burnham Lake - a 4 feet deep manmade lake filled the sewage water right smack in the middle of Baguio City. This goal brings me to the 3rd goal I have for the coming year.



3. Visit the Visayas








Full of pristine beaches and gorgeous Chinoys, the Visayas region has been a hotspot for PLMs (People Like Me). Boracay, with it's white sands and overly expensive resorts, have lost it's luster, but I'd love to visit just to say that I have actually been there. I would want to visit Cebu, also.



4. Get another tattoo


The pheonix tattoo I got last year wants to get a sister. I have been planning to get something tattooed right on my spine, it means "happy and gay" in Thai. I'm trying to get a picture of that, maybe I'll post it next time.


5. Get membership to a gym and start losing weight





Alright, alright, seems to be something I may not really be committed to. Hey, maybe this the the part where it actually is a New Year's Resolution. Still, I really do need to get healthy. I am starting to feel nauseaous constantly these past weeks.


6. Get at least one novel published


Another dream I have had for the longest time. I have already finished writing 2 novels, and I have 2 unfinished novels just waiting for me to get right to them. I have been researching on ways to have these books published, can someone help?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey just wishing you a happy new year!