Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day SUCKS.

A friend once asked me what my favorite holiday is. I said Halloween.

Then the follow-up questions came.

What about Christmas?

How about Independence Day?

April Fool's?

Valentines Day?

I glared at the person who asked me if I liked Valentine's Day. I glared at him cause he was asking me this to taunt me. He knows I did not have any "special someone". Not that I care.

What's with Heart's day anyway?

It is for the chocolate magnates that advertise candy as an aphrodisiac.

It is for women who pester their boyfriends or husbands to buy them pretty little things or all hell will break lose.

It is for flower shops charging exhorbitant prices for a dozen roses.

And, come to think of it, it is for bitter, tiny individuals just like me, trying to get on with life as it is.

The hearts that hung around every mall, every office, every classroom, even every comfort room makes me nauseous. It reminds me that my heart has been torn into microscopic pieces before, and that no amount of glue or tack can really heal it like it was before - way back when I was just a child.

When people wear red to celebrate the awful day, I wear black.

When people exchange kisses, I sleep.

Call me Crazy, but I really think this Valentine b*llsh*t SUCKS. BIGTIME.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

The Love Sucks Song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emdf2vO-rAQ

Featuring the largest all-lady youtube collaboration in history.

xo
H

Anonymous said...

lol... it does not suck... lol... anyhooo! hope you have a great val... weekend! yeah... a great weekend! lol

*hugs...

~ViN